April 16 2024 01:26:04
Navigation
View Thread
Hoop Fetish » Hoop Earrings » Hoop Fashion
 Print Thread
What style of hoops do you like?
katy
So what types of hoops does anyone like? I am fond of big wide hoops at this time. I used to wear plain gold hoops until a friend of mine let me try her big wide silver hoops on. I have been hooked eved since.

Beyerman
I like wide hoops, with a large diameter or not. I also like thin hoops with a large diameter.
I also like bangle hoops, but only if there is at least one hoop attached to it.
I prefer silver to gold, but I don't hate gold.
I don't like small and thin hoops, but I don't hate them too.

The only thing I really don't like are studs. The think I absolutely hate are diamond or zirconia studs.

belinda1986
I love wide hoops. They are bold and more eye-catching. Cool

My favourite fittings are the hinged-bar type. I’ve not found the two together though – the hinge-bar on a wide hoop. They would move really well. I like the feeling also of the bar sliding back and forth through the ear too. Smile

But most large wide hoops are post fitting so there is no through movement.

I like silver and gold equally. Don’t like colours – hate plastic earrings. Yuk.

Prefer plain polished finish, but some patterned ones can be really gorgeous. Grin

katy
I do not like the cheap looking colors either. Hoop earrings are ment to have movement. Not just sit there. We should post links to places when we find hoops we like.

hlover
For me, I'd say the bigger the better -- within reason anyways. I love the big wide ones, I also love the big thin ones. I agree that that the plastic ones look like crap, for me its gold or silver, depending on the hair colour of the girl.

And I agree with Zaphod about the studs Grin

Beyerman

hlover wrote:
And I agree with Zaphod about the studs Grin

I think many people will agree with us Wink

And I add an other kind of earrings I don't like. As English is not my moher tongue, I don't know how you call this kind I don't like at all : http://i1.ebayimg.com/08/i/000/ee/99/...03ad_1.JPG

Hope you'll tell me how do you call this style in English ! Wink

But on the contrary of you, I like plastic hoops. As much as they are big and/or wide, and make the girl sexy, I don't care about the materials. Smile
Edited by Beyerman on 14-05-2008 00:55

thedirector
Ha. Well, Zaphod old chum, I am about as English as you can get. I'm afraid however, I cannot help you with the name of that style. I don't like it either. I would use the word 'messy'. Messy Jewellery.

By the way, I was watching some TV shows about the premier of the new Sex In The City movie over the past few days. Not my kind of film. But there is some significant large hoop activity there. Check it out.

Beyerman

thedirector wrote:I would use the word 'messy'. Messy Jewellery.

Lol ! I like this word. It really fits well with this kind of earrings. In French it would be "une bricole", that you can translate by "a trifle" (I found it in a dictionnary Smile )

And I'll check this movie you're talking about.

xoonaa
I don't like thick hoops, I love thin hoops with the widest diameters possible.

gothmandave
Ideally the perfect hoop would have sufficient diameter to bring it close to the shoulder but not quite touching, and be about a quarter of an inch thick. I prefer silver to gold polished to a high shine.

belinda1986
Shoulder-length hoops are not too easy to wear. For me anyway. They kind of get in the way.

Robert Likeglass
In some ways, the interaction created by the coping can be quite fascinating! I like the concept of awareness of the wearer. Cool A good example is of several recent "over the top" pictures, that I find myself viewing again and again.

gothmandave
I agree with belinda1986, there not easy to wear, I have photographed several people that have worn shoulder length hoops, for many poses they just don’t cooperate! However I like the idea of interaction, could be a good feeling for a hoop lover.

mwiley38
My favorite style of hoops are the thin silver-sterling ones. My size preferences of medium but I also like large ones (as long as they aren't too large). They also seem to be the most popular, especially at the clubs. A beautiful outfit to match will do wonders.

Si
I like all hoops really. I prefer them to be a complete hoop rather than the butterfly back type which to me aren't a real hoop.
I fin the cuurent trend of hoops on hooks as dangles intereting as they are often very large but not as nice as real hoops

My absolute favorite is when a girl wears hoops that look too big for her. as in they are either too wide or to large for her face shape/hair/what she's wearing. I think those sort of hoops make a real statement and really get my attention.

I also love to see multiple hoops worn, especially if they are matching designs rather than just any old hoop in any hole. 3 pairs is my favorite as i thinkit just looks right.
I like it when the are the same size but prefer it if they are evenly reducing in size towards the top. 4 or 2 look good but odd numbers always look best.
Edited by Si on 20-08-2008 13:03

John L
My favorite hoop combo is 2 in each ear. 4" silver hoops, @1/4" diameter thick, with 2" hoops, at @1/8" diameter thick. I think this combination looks fantastic.

hlover
I love that look as well. Three large hoops is an amazing look as well.

Pulsar
Large or medium. Not so small. Thin is perfect i think for blondes, thick for brunettes and darker skin color females.
And analogic: gold i see well by brunettes, by blondes rather silver, but not everytime. Of course individual preferences and individual beauty is most important. Every woman is other, there's no exists two the same women in the world (twins to not) and this is the miracle...

Rowan
My favorite style of hoops are the diamond cut capped ones. My size preferences of medium but I also like small.

Multi
Depends on the wearer. In my opinion they look the best when they almost touch the shoulder.

Jump to Forum
Sign In
Enter Username

Password

Not a member yet? Click here to register.

Forgot Password?