April 17 2024 20:58:39
Navigation
View Thread
Hoop Fetish » Hoop Earrings » Why I Love Hoops
 Print Thread
Hypno Stuff
thedirector
Hoops have brought me more joy over the last few years than I can say!

I have a close friend – Lori – she is a beautician and into massage so looks etc are uber important to her.

Ages ago she had her right ear pierced a second time, which looked brilliant. But she always always only wears subtle little diamond studs. They look cute of course, but you can’t see them much because she has long-ish hair and wears it down. When she had this new piercing she talked to me about earrings for a few minutes, and mentioned she didn’t like hoops at all. Also she would not get another piercing in her left ear – she liked the random unbalanced look. Unhappy man.

Anyway, I’m interested in hypnotherapy and NLP and recently finished an in-depth course. This is just for my own interests, I’m not pro or anything.

Lori is herself interested in alternative therapies, etc, and had been asking me about my course. Beginning of March she was over and she let me try hypnotising her. This was brilliant fun and she really enjoyed the relaxation techniques. She’s having a few problems at work and I wanted to make an anchor out of something she does every day before work that she would come to associate with relaxing thoughts. I steered her gently towards the act of putting in her earrings. That wasn’t easy! Anyway, then I started to paint simple images in her mind about ear-RINGS, emphasising the circular meaning of the word and so on, and when her jewellery was balanced her attitude was. She seemed to accept these slightly far-out ideas really well in trance. Anyway, she enjoyed that session.

About a week ago she called to ask me to look at her internet connection (again). So I made a flying visit the following evening obviously keen to see what’s happened. When she opened the door I was a little disappointed because I could see the usual little diamonds under her hair. I thought my expectations had been too high.

She showed me to the PC and I seemed to cause more harm than good but I asked Lori about the problems with her boss since my session with her. I was surprised to see her hand go straight up to her jewellery as she said the relaxation really impressed her. She didn’t even notice she was playing with her ear. How cool is that?

But not as cool as noticing her web browser had been looking at hoop earrings! I just had to casually ask if she’d been doing any online shopping recently, and she said yes! I couldn’t ask for details because my mobile rang and I needed to go.

Anyway, we agreed to catch up very soon as she’s promised to show me about neck massages.

Happyness! Fab site BTW.

hlover
Wow, awesome story... Thank you for sharing it. Perhaps I'll have to look into studying hypnosis as well Pfft

Do they remember what you talked about afterwards?

belinda1986
Are you saying you’ve been trying to get your friend to wear hoops by hypnosis? Is that possible? Hoopnosis! Does she know that’s what you are doing?

I’ve wanted to be hypnotised for ages. That is so cool. I wear big silver hoops all the time so wouldn’t need to be hypnotised too do that!

Your friend is sooo missing out Sad Is she wearing hoops now?

thedirector
Hoopnosis? I like that.

hlover, with hypnosis it’s not an exact science because everyone is different. Some people remember everything that happens from when they are in a trance; some, bits and pieces; some nothing at all. With Lori she seemed to remember most things. Also because I didn’t take her down into a really deep trance. I’d like to try that. In that way I could try leaving her with a post-hypnotic suggestion to forget what I’d told her. But like I say, it’s not an exact science. While in trance, having asked her to remember happy, stress free times in her life and to associate those feelings with her earrings, I then took things a little further in metaphorically enlarging those feelings by enlarging the earrings in her imagination. Smile I used phrases like “The feelings of deep relaxation are getting bigger, etc, like circular ripples on a tranquil pond moving outward, the rings are getting bigger, wider, etc. Feel your earrings any time you want to, etc.” Cheesy wordplay? Wink Yes. But that’s the sort of literal stuff the subconscious mind can lock on to. Give hypnosis a go! But don't expect instant results - it's a big old subject! Smile

Belinda1986, Is it possible? That’s what I’m trying to find out. One of the tools at the hypnotherpist’s disposal is setting up anchors. These can be any action which the subject can do to encourage a certain feeling. Like maybe rubbing ones own index finger to remember something. It’s basic text-book stuff. I suggested to Lori that we try using her earrings to produce calming, relaxing thoughts. She consciously knew and agreed to this. Touching your earrings is a normal thing to do in public, right? So it doesn’t draw any particular attention or anything. I am genuinely trying to help her (as well as trying to transform her jewellery tastes and collection Cool ) What I don’t think she remembers is that I extended the concept to wanting to wear large hoop earrings. She possibly now has that desire at a subconscious level. Grin

hlover
I can't begin to tell you how intrigued I am by this story. I've had many female friends over the years I've wanted to convert into hoop wearers, but since I didn't have a clue how to go about it, it's something I've never attempted. I guess I always worried they'd think I was weird or something.

Definitely keep us informed on your little experiment, I am very curious to see how it turns out.

Oh and belinda, welcome to the site! We dont get a lot of women around here so its always a pleasure when one does stop by.
Edited by hlover on 12-12-2011 22:18

Robert Likeglass
"Focus on the swinging hoop... watch closely... you are getting tired..... focus on how shiny and round it is....."

Funny! Hypnotizing a girl into wearing hoops! I guess turnabout is fair play! After all, girls with big hoops have been putting me in a trance-like state for years! Shock

belinda1986
Thanks for your welcome, hlover. Can’t guess what the h stands for. . .

And when you say ‘convert female friends into hoop wearers’ – I think we either discover these things for ourselves or we don’t. I’m not sure you can ‘convert’ us! Except of course for our hypnotist friend, in which like you I am intrigued! Wink

I never realised earrings meant so much to so many guys!
Edited by hlover on 12-12-2011 22:18

thedirector
hlover, I know what you mean about being shy in this subject. I have always been exactly the same. Talking to my friend Lori about it, even though we’re close and she’s completely into fashion etc, would feel very unnatural and somehow taking a step too far. Shock

Anyway, Lori’s still having internet problems, so I’ll be seeing her soon. I’m taking a relaxation CD with me that she wants to borrow and I may be able to use that to move the conversation and ask her if she’d like to be hypnotised again. Wink

robert likeglass: Ha ha! I wish it was that simple! BTW, you have your own hoops site? I was a regular visitor to it. Very good. Cool

belinda1986: But I think men can provide aid to the ladies of the world in their discovery of hoops. We owe it to them. When/how did you discover hoops for yourself?

belinda1986
I don’t remember an actual day when I thought I know I’ll have big rings through my ears! Shock For me the idea was always there from when I had my ears pierced first time. I wore small hoops almost from the start, and they got bigger over time. It seemed natural really. Cool

thedirector
belinda1986: Assuming that’s your cat (I’m not going to do the distasteful obvious gag here) what’s his/her name?

Is there going to be a size limit on the hoops you wear? Wink

belinda1986
Yes that’s one of my cats. Dolce. You can guess what the other one is called. Grin

As for size limit, I don’t know. I just bought some really big wide polished silver earrings. Cool

Why don’t you put a picture on here? C’mon guys! Sad

hlover
[deleted]
Edited by hlover on 12-12-2011 22:17

belinda1986
Back to the hypnosis, Mr Director, tell me…
1) Can everyone be hypnotised? Smile
2) How long does it take to be hypnotised?
3) Can people be hypnotised to do things they wouldn’t normally do? Shock Like wear big hoops… Cool
4) What does it feel like when you are hypnotized?
5) What do you remember about it afterwards?

thedirector
Hi Belinda,

Answers to your questions:
a) Yes, just about everybody. The process is called Induction and there are a range of different methods. People respond differently to the different Inductions. The hypnotist’s skill is in choosing the right method for each person. Cool

b> Depends upon the method used, as above. From a few seconds to 20-30 minutes. The longer/slower the induction, generally the deeper the subject is taken and the better the results.

Here is a slow one (42mins): this guy is very good – he’s a proper therapist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uut9HB...ut9HBJ3MaY

Here is a fast one, what is called a rapid induction Shock (this stuff is real!): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N9-q9...N9-q9llbsA

c) Tricky one this. People can’t be made to do things they profoundly object to, say on the grounds of their basic morals, or personal safety. But their perspective can be shifted somewhat, and then given suggestions/commands to make them focus on things in a new way. So yes, in theory, I could hypnotize you to make you believe you must wear big sexy hoops. Obviously you don’t need that Belinda, as we can see. Grin

d) Being in a trance is no different to concentrating on say watching the TV. While you watch, you are not aware of what is going outside. When the program has finished, someone could ask you if you noticed a lawn being mowed outside, or something. You probably wouldn’t notice if you were concentrating so hard. When you are hypntised, you would be concentrating on some relaxing thing, number counting is used a lot to get people to focus. While they are doing that, they are not aware that they are in fact doing something else, or they can’t remember their name, or whatever. Or wearing massive hoops. Cool

e) That depends on who you are and how deeply you are hypnotised. Also the skilled hypnotist can get you to forget what was said or done during trance. So potentially you could remember nothing at all. That is quite normal.

Is that helpful?

belinda1986
Wow! Thanks. I'll check this when I get a bit more time...
And sorry I was shouty earlier, Mr. Director Pfft

hypnohoops
If you look at my screen name, you'll understand my interest. I have been, and have done to others, hypnosis via hoop earrings. It has totally worked in my cases.

belinda1986
How would you hypnotise someone to wear hoops? What would you say to them? As thedirector says, there are different ways to do it. How would you do it?

I find this so interesting.

hlover
I'd love to hear some more details too hypnohoops Grin
Do share!

katy
I have considered this to help with my fear of flying.

hypnohoops
Think of the swinging watch and how it holds your attention. Instead, use a big hoop earring....works the same way!

Jump to Forum
Sign In
Enter Username

Password

Not a member yet? Click here to register.

Forgot Password?