April 29 2024 21:28:33
Navigation
View Thread
Hoop Fetish » Hoop Earrings » Fond Memories
 Print Thread
Another conversion
Vigorflyer
I recent had an online friend that I meet through a website. We have been good friends and talking for a good little while. There other day we were on yahoo messenger and we were sharing family pictures. I send her one of my wife and my son, and my wife had on her 6 inch hoops. She told me she really liked those but she had a really bad allergy to the medal. She breaks out and cannot wear andything that goes through her skin. After a little while and a few days she asked me about them again so i got my wife to put them on and she was on the webcam playing with them to show my friend. Just the other day she brought them up again and asked for a link to be able to contact the person about them. Just 2 nights ago we were online with yahoo messenger again with our webcams on and out of the blue she left the cam. When she came back into view she was wearing some of the 6 inch silver hoops. She played with them for a while and then had to take them off for a while due to her allergies. A long story short she has fell in love with me and the hoops, but since I am married we are remaining friends. SHe does wear the hoops on her webcam until she starts to get irriated with her ears. Anpther great person converted!!!!

Robert Likeglass
There are actually some ways around the allergie problem. There is at least one company out there that makes sleves that slip over the earwires (teflon?) and prevent the reaction. Can't remember their name, but you could try Google.

Si
How about posting the info for getting hold of the 6inch hoops? Then we can all get our partners some.

hlover
Agreed Grin

TrueAdv
There is a very simple way to reduce the allergic reaction to metals (this applies for both earrings, naval studs, etc.). And that is to coat the post of the earring with a thin coating of clear nail polish or nail polish topcoat. I learned this from a women’s tips website. When dried, the lacquer forms a barrier to metal migration, and the ears get much less irritated.

My wife is very sensitive to nickel, and many of the less expensive earrings use nickel as part of the metal alloy. Even white gold and 14k yellow gold has a lot of nickel in the alloy. Only 24k gold doesn’t have nickel. I love hoops/have a fetish about hoops and have bought my wife many pairs over the years. However, as her ears get easily irritated, she wouldn’t wear them for any more than a rare evening out. So without her knowing it, I coated the posts with her clear nail topcoat. Voila! There’s a lot less irritation, she can wear them longer, will wear them more often and I’m as happy as can be when she wears them.

While she also had a second set of holes pierced, due to the skin irritation she would almost never wear a second set of studs. I coated the posts on her studs and guess what? Irritation gone and she now wears the second set much more regularly.

With the coating, there are no sleeves to worry about adding to the thickness of the post or losing. Do it once, lasts a long time. Pretty cool, huh?

Jump to Forum
Sign In
Enter Username

Password

Not a member yet? Click here to register.

Forgot Password?