April 20 2024 00:15:50
Navigation
View Thread
Hoop Fetish » Other Earrings » Cartilage Piercings
 Print Thread
Unsure?
LoveLobes
What do you all think of cartlidge piercing? im not one for having my ears full of piercings all the way round. Ive got 4 holes in my lobes which i love, but been thinking about having one done in the top of my ear?? I would probably wear a small hoop in it. What you all think??

hlover
Personally they've never done anything for me. Though they don't bother me either.

Robert Likeglass
Not really a look that I like. Lots over here in the states have it. One caution, cartilage piercings can be very problematic. The cartilage is like a sheet of plastic and prevents the skin tunnel from forming which is needed for healing. The only proper way to do it is with a large gauge hollow needle which actually cuts a bit of a hole through the cartilage. The standard gun just pushes it out of the way and it is forever trying to squish back together. In other words, never have it done by a gun! Most piercing and tattoo places know about the whole hollow needle bit.

curiousfan
Go for it! Worst case is you don't like it and take it out.

LoveLobes
Hi guys, thanks for your thoughts. I have been told it should be done with a needle and not a gun. I kind of like the look, but dont think it would feel as nice as my lobes, not sure if its a "bit much" if you see what i mean. I'll have a think!! xx

hlover
One thing to keep in mind, I'd say 1/3 of the people I know who have had their cartilage pierced end up with an infection. Probably due to what Roger said.

Jump to Forum
Sign In
Enter Username

Password

Not a member yet? Click here to register.

Forgot Password?