April 18 2024 21:28:15
Navigation
View Thread
Hoop Fetish » Hoop Earrings » Hoop Fashion
 Print Thread
Hoops in the online shop
LHJ
It's a pity that you cannot buy really big (and gorgeous) hoops in the online-shop connected to this site. They only stock more ordinary items. They might sell more, at least to the viewer of this site, if they would carry more extreme things, which are not always easily found in ordinary stores.

hlover
Sadly I have no control over the inventory, only Amazon does.

Originally I had put it up as a trial run, thinking if it made any money I'd invest some time into it and maybe set up an eBay store and start selling things from an inventory of my own. But in the two years this site has been running not one person has bought anything off that store. So for its not worth it to invest that much effort into it.

But again, you could be right... maybe the reason why nothing has been sold is because they aren't "extreme" hoops.

LHJ

hlover wrote: But again, you could be right... maybe the reason why nothing has been sold is because they aren't "extreme" hoops.

I think that is very much true. You don't take the extra hassle of net-ordering something jewellerish that you can get at a nearby store, were you can have a look at it and feel it. And the visitors of this site is not mostly interested in ordinary jewellery.

That said, I don't know if the group of people reading/watching this site is big enough to generate enough revenue for you to consider it worthwhile to set up a shop. After all, it is quite some work involved.

But if you do, and manage get hold of really nice things, I'd surely buy some, even if it's pricey. Of course you'd have to ship international. Around here, it is quite hard to find large nice hoops, they are usually max 80 millimetres in diameter. It would make wonderful gifts though!

One idea is that there is always business for someone that has "the best/biggest" of something, especially if the market is world-wide. But it is of course very hard to estimate in before. It also depends on you finding places to get the items from yourself.

Jump to Forum
Sign In
Enter Username

Password

Not a member yet? Click here to register.

Forgot Password?