March 28 2024 12:46:57
Navigation
View Thread
Hoop Fetish » Hoop Earrings » Hoop Fashion
 Print Thread
New Look
hlover
I've been noticing a new trend lately and I'm not sure what to think of it. One of the women I work with has several piercings in her ears as well as a nose ring. Up until yesterday I'd only seen her wear studs. Until yesterday I noticed her wearing a pair of big silver hoops.

I only got a quick glimpse as I passed her in the hall so it wasn't until today when I was talking to her that I noticed that the hoops wear in her second piercing, and a pair of diamond studs in her first and third. As great as she looked in hoops I still foudn it odd that she wore them in her second holes and I felt it was a little weird to arrange them in such a way.

Other than her I've noticed a few other women doing this recently. For example, I've noticed Kelly Rippa only ever wears hoops or dangles in her second piercing, leaving studs in her first. Other than that I've noticed a few girls at the mall or restaurants doiing the same. Up until about 6 months ago I'd never seen such a thing.

Just curious what everyone else thinks of this. I find it rather strange but in the end I'd rather see hoops in the second hole than none at all.

Robert Likeglass
I think it has become a style, but I also think it may have been born out of practicality. I knew a girl awhile back that always wore huge hoops. One day, she was wearing them in her upper piercings, so I asked why. She said that her regular holes were getting "tired" so she moved the hoops up and put studs in them. Makes sense to me! I think it just caught on as a look somewhere along the line.

bmak
It does seem a bit weird. I've only seen one or two pics of this in the gallery, but that was with stretched first lobes. Have any pics of this style?

hypnohoops
I love that look actually. I know a few women who are "lazy" as they refer to themselves and never take the studs out but will change the 2nd holes.

Jump to Forum
Sign In
Enter Username

Password

Not a member yet? Click here to register.

Forgot Password?